Re: [Nautilus-list] Cyrillic support

On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 06:41  AM, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:

Nau 1.0.4 still has the same problems with non-latin fonts as 1.0.3.
If I ask for slow fonts, instead of letters, I see only "??????". I
tried to choose different fonts - all the same.
There is a lot of cyrillic fonts installed on my system.
Any comments?

I'd like to see this fixed. If someone can figure out the problem, Ramiro or I can work with them to get their patch in so it can be in a future Nautilus release.

But this font handling will completely change for the GNOME 2 version of Nautilus, so if someone wants to fix it, they should do it soon. Once we are on GNOME 2, we can change to use fonts through Pango and there's a good chance that will make this problem go away, or at least match everything else in GNOME.

    -- Darin