Re: [Nautilus-list] Cyrillic support

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:

 Hi,

 As I rememver, the solution is to remove folder with Nau's fonts (they are in
/usr/share/nautilus/fonts or something like that). Nau mistakenly *starts*
looking for fonts in its "fallback fonts" folder - and always finds them since
they are part of Nau's setup! At least it was the way to get rid of those
"???" in Nau 1.0.2 and the like, and this method fixes all problems
completely.

 This topic was very extensively discussed in the list gnome-cyr gnome org -
see the archives for complete analysis (in russian).

> Hi all
>
> Nau 1.0.4 still has the same problems with non-latin fonts as 1.0.3.
> If I ask for slow fonts, instead of letters, I see only "??????". I
> tried to choose different fonts - all the same.
> There is a lot of cyrillic fonts installed on my system.
> Any comments?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad