Re: [Nautilus-list] reset.png

Andy Hertzfeld <andy differnet com> writes:

> Hi Christian,
>
>         I can take a shot at fixing the "reset.png" localization problem by
> compositing the text
> onto the property chit on the fly, as defined by a translatable string.
> There will still be a problem that space is very limited, so you can't fit a
> very long word in there.  I'll try to use a smaller font if it doesn't fit,
> but at some point it might have to be truncated.
>
>         If that works out, I'll use a similar technique to translate the text
> in some of the emblems, which I promised to fix a few months ago but forgot
> about.  Are you aware of any other places in Nautilus where there's a similar
> problem?

If you're doing some icon compositing code, a similar but subtly
different problem exists.  To be more specific -- jimmac made a lot of
really nice folder icons for nautilus that go beyond the standard ones:

http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php3?ikony=18

Unfortunately, these don't survive theme changes.  It would be very cool
to have themes be able to create new icons through compositing, and have
a default set of nautilus emblems for those themes that don't.

Thanks,
-Jonathan