Re: [Nautilus-list] Terminal as a sidebar tab

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:11:14PM +0200, Benedikt Roth wrote:
> On Mon 23, 11:45:28, Ben Ford wrote:
> > Also, when you change directories in the terminal, will the main view
> > follow it?
>
> No, and I don't think that is possible (at least not with zvtterm) :(
>
> 	Benedikt

I also wrote a terminal sidebar component availiable at:
http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/roba/nautilus-shelf.tgz

(It also contains a simple 'shelf' component). I hacked up a follow the
terminal directory thing by changing the bash prompt to use the xterm
escape sequences to change the title of the terminal window to the new
directory. The component picks this up and changes the Nautilus view
automatically.

It may no longer compile however, since I have not touched it for ages.

Bob