Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: moving to GNOME bugzilla (was Potential Nautilus categories for GNOME bugzilla)

On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 08:24  AM, Jon Allen wrote:

I'd like to do the reoganization in bugzilla.eazel.com before
the move.  That way we can simply create matching products
and components in bugzilla.gnome.org at that time.

OK. But there's a chance this will give us another reason to postpone the move, and it's no more difficult to reorganize after moving. Anyway, if you'd like to do reorganization now, then go for it! Let me know if you need help.

I'll help on the b.e.c side if we can agree on producs/components/
versions.  Although I can't be sure, I think Greg Leblanc has the
powers to help on the bugzilla.gnome.org side and will offer
assistance when we're ready.

I'd rather move the bugs as soon as possible, without having to spend the time to design a new set of products, components, and versions. On the other hand, your set looked fine to me, and I'm happy to reorganize later. I don't think we need to spend a long time debating this, and I want the bugs moved soon.

     3) figure out our own file format for moving the attachments, since
the standard bugzilla XML does not deal with moving attachments, or decide
that we don't need to move attachments.

If, by not moving attachments, we can stick to standard bugzilla
XML I'd rather do that - it will make things easier for us.

We'll be using the standard bugzilla XML for all the normal data. The question is whether we can move the attachments using a different XML format. This would be separate from and in addition to the standard bugzilla XML.

By the way, after talking to the bugzilla maintainers, I should emphasize that this "standard bugzilla XML" has only really been used for the "move a bug from one bug database to another" feature, and is not something that' s been used for anything else yet. So it's a mistake to assume that it's really much of a "standard".

2) figure out what we'll do for owners of categories on bugzilla.gnome. org -- perhaps we should use a mailing list like the gtk-bugs one for most
bugs instead of using individuals

I can help with this part.  I think contributing category
owners' addresses should be updated - mail for bugs filed
against their categories should go directly to them.
All other category owners' mail should be sent to a mailing
list such as nautilus-bugs gnome org

Could you clarify what you mean by "contributing category owners"? I'd like to see most components in Nautilus itself be owned by the mailing list rather than by me, for example. I can assign bugs to myself to indicate that I'm actively working on them then, rather than having 1000s assigned to me.

    -- Darin