RE: Re: [Nautilus-list] icon set cover image suggestion

Ryan,
Perhaps this could be generalized even more.

Suppose in addition to simple mime types, you could give a file
behaviors for being dragged around. In this case one could set the
default drag behavior for CD audio files to be ``convert to OGG'' or
``convert to MP3'' because one rarely wants to copy an entire CD audio
trac onto their hard drive. Additional behaviors could be added to the
right-drag menu such as ``move'', ``link'', ``copy to WAV audio'' or
what have you.

In addition to making things more consistant, there are other file types
this would be useful for. Here are some examples I've thought of (many
of which make the most sense when they are comming from a non-writable
directory such as an FTP site or a CD:

Copying a Photo CD file from a CD to your computer could convert it to a
smaller JPG.

Copying a tarball from an FTP site or CD-ROM to your computer could
untar it by default.

Copying an RPM (or package of your distro) onto your computer could
propt the user to begin an installation. (This seems like it might be
intuative for beginners.)

--Ben