[Nautilus-list] Adding new fonts

I just upgraded to CVS Nautilus, and was pleasantly surprised to see the
number of fonts suddenly available to me.  Hooray!  Choice in fonts is a
beautiful thing.

However, I can't quite figure out where Nautilus is getting it's fonts
from.  Does it have its own TrueType font stash somewhere? (if so, I
can't find it).  Does it get them from the X server?  How can I add my
own fonts?

On a less important note, I would really like to be able to set font
colors and styles on a global or per-directory basis.  Right now I have
a grey desktop background image, and Nautilus has decided to use a white
font, which, while legible, is not as nice as black.  Also, I wish I
choose to not have the 3D look for selected items.

Much thanks to everyone working on this project!  Nautilus is really
looking good.

Abe