Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: What about gal && eel into GNOME 2.0?

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

El 20 Jun 2001 15:04:29 +0100, Bastien Nocera escribió:

Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:41:18AM +0200, Carlos Perell? Mar?n wrote:

Hello, What will happen with gal && eel?
Will be it included into gnome 2.0 libs?

There are two questions here

1) merge GAL & EEL
This seems like a reasonable idea, but will require resources.

2) Move GAL, EEL, or the combiniation into gnome-libs-2
Commenting only for GAL, I would prefer to see that done in 2.1.
GAL is still under active development and is not ready for the api
freeze that would be required by inclusion in gnome-libs.  However,
parts of it would be moveable, potentially even into gtk.  I would
especially like to see the colour combo and support moved.  That
seems like a commonly used widget that others will want access to.

And the e-paned widgets as well, I guess they are stable, aren't they ?

I'm learning to use it at this moment, and I think that I could try to
move things into libgnomeui && gtk 2.0 at the same time I learn how to
use it.

I only need to know which widgets are stable and with a API freeze.

I'm also interested in a widget like the Evolution's "splash" into
gnomelibs, I think that it's "stable", isn't it?

Not that much. There should be more checks on wether the pixbufs are present or not. Right now if only some images are present, the thing crashes. I don't think that it should be much of a problem to fix that. The other problem is that much of the elements (like the number of icons, and the size of the main splash image) are hard-coded. Well, right now, e-splash is not ready for inclusion in gnome-libs, not as it is.

Cheers

--
/Bastien