Re: [Nautilus-list] Mounting media.

Adam Zolkover wrote:

> I'm sorry to have sent two emails (as though the people on this list
> don't recieve enough), but I forgot to include my second suggestion.
>
> Nautilus should check to see if there are discs in the cdrom/floppy
> drive and attempt to mount them when the user opens his/her cdrom/floppy
> directory.  Nautilus could read fstab to figure out where these drives
> are mounted, and whenever the user opened those directories, nautilus
> would check for inserted but unmounted media.  if there was a
> cdrom/floppy in the drive, it could either attempt to mount it, or ask
> the user if he/she wished to mount it.  I don't know, but I think that
> this would make the user experience a little bit more intuitive
> (mounting either by bash, or by the nautilus menu is not really
> intuitive.  Personally, I'd rather just insert the disc and go).
>
> Anyway, thanks for listening.
>
> Adam.

I think this is a good idea.  I had the same experience when I was
playing
with a USB compact flash reader recently.  I wanted to just be able to
browse
to the directory where the device gets mounted and it magically appears.

I think you can do this kind of thing with the auto mounter.  Maybe its
hard
to do this kind of thing from a user level application, I dunno for
sure.

-re