Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:31:23PM +0200, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:

> > Sorry for the HTML, but I tire of pandering to the "I can't take HTML
> > even tho it makes life so much easier" crowd.
> >

> This one, I take offense to.. REALLY. You are risking that people don't
> bother to reply at all. My email-client does not show HTML that well, and
> your mail is mostly cruft because of this. Please stay off HTML when
> replying to mailing-lists. I read this list in digest-mode, and it looked
> terrible.
> Please remember that while it makes _your_ life easier, it makes _lots_ of
> peoples lives more difficult.

I have to second this. It's the first step down the slippery slope to
"I tire of pandering to the `I can't take Microsfost Word docs even
tho it makes life so much easier' crowd." Every mail reader can read
plain text messages. Not every mail reader can read html messages,
just as not every mail reader can handle MS Word. It's a bit of
arrogance, intentional or not, to say, "My mail is so important you
should go out and get special software to read it."

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/