Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

>It is flame bait to say that it is slow?  HELLO . . . .   It is off
>topic to want to improve it?  WTF are you on?

>I was requested to give a speed comparison of nautilus and Konqueror.  I
>did so, and Konqueror whipped nautilus's ass quite handily.  I was then
>told that my numbers didn't matter because the version in development
>was faster.  Well, I am terribly sorry, but THE LATEST AVAILABLE VERSION
>is dog slow.  What version do you think that 98% of all the nautilus
>users are using?  Do you think they update cvs nightly?

First of all, I apologize for just sending a pretty inflamatory response,
that came out of a moment of hot-headedness (if that is an expression).

The reason my response (the one about speed) was relevant, is that you
started the discussion by stating that Nautilus is dog slow, and that
something should be done about it, as Konqueror is much faster.
My response was to tell you that it is already being worked on, and lots
of stuff has already been fixed, so you should probably sleep easier
knowing that people are on it, or have fixed it.

Now.. the latest release is 1.0.3. But your whole comment was suggestions
on making Nautilus better for the future, and thus the development-version
is relevant, because that is the future.

And again, sorry for getting carried away.

Gaute Lindkvist