Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

On 28 Jun 2001 02:28:32 -0700, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > OK, how bout if I say "Konqueror is MUCH faster"?
>
> How 'bout, "Konqueror used to be MUCH faster" :-)
>
> I just performed timings using CVS Nautilus (soon-to-be Nautilus 1.0.4).
> It should be noted that I'm using the latest and greatest Bonobo
> (release) which contains a significant performance improvement for
> opening new windows (in particular). I performed each test twice, which
> is good because there were some timings that look anomalous.

Just a thought on this:  When exactly IS the projected release date on
Nautilus 1.0.4?  I've been hearing about it for a couple of weeks now.
I use the release versions of nautilus because I run debian and would
rather not do my own compiles and package builds, and my mouth is just
watering for huge performance increases.

Also, in the past month, I have made a couple of nautilus themes, one of
which I think is pretty darn good.  Is there a repository for themes or
something?  I really like it, and I think that other people will like it
too.  It's always nice to share.

Adam.