Re: [Nautilus-list] Viewer for .tgz, .tbz2, ...?

On Saturday, June 23, 2001, at 12:20  AM, Thomas Raschbacher wrote:

i wondered if someone is working on a viewer for archives(tgz, ..) and if i can help cause this is one of the features i`m missing when browsing my filesystem with nautilus ;)

There's some stuff already in gnome-vfs and Nautilus that is the start of this feature. You use a special URL like "file:///home/darin/archive.gz#gzip:///" and the normal icon and list views rather than a special viewer. The part of the puzzle that's not solved yet is how to turn this rather arcane hidden feature into something easy to use.

I don't think anyone else is working on it, and it would be nice to have someone figure it out.

    -- Darin