Re: [Nautilus-list] John's .desktop icon patch

On Friday, June 22, 2001, at 11:24  AM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

Has this patch been merged into mainstream Nautilus? If not what
changes do I need to make to get it ready?

This is John Harper's patch to dig icons out of .desktop files (if
those files are coming over VFS).

As Maciej said in his message, this patch needs one significant change before it can go in. Either it needs to be reworked to do the icon digging with async. I/O (better) or it needs to be reworked to only do the icon digging locally (not as good, but better than nothing).

    -- Darin