[Nautilus-list] how to view files ?

hi,

it's getting better with every snapshot, great work :-))

I'm still missing some features I had in GMC, i.e.

right-click on any file and you get at least these two:
- view (with the GMC buidl-in viewer)
- edit (with the gnome-defined editor)

no matter what file type, they are allways there.

now I can find anything like that in Nautilus

I know that I can define a application through control-center but only
for certain file type not as a general option.

And wit the viewer it's even worse: I go to control-center, try to
change the action, "user viewer" and "edit list" but there is no way to
add a viewer - I can only deselect one if there is already one.

Another issue:

I have a folder /etc/cups
there are a few *.conf files in there.

Since I'm logged in as normal user they are all write-protected for me.
But I can double-click and get the text viewer showing the contents;
great!

One is additionally "view-protected" (no read access for me), it has the
eye symbol.
Whe I double-click this one I get the misleading error message that says
"no viewer installed to handle that file" - it should clearly state that
I'm not allowed to.

thanks
Jens Ansorg