[Nautilus-list] Nautilus needlessly regenerating thumbnails

Using Nautilus 1.0, I have configured it so that opening an image loads
it in GQview.  When I open the image, Nautilus suddenly regenerates the
thumbnail for that image.  Then, even after I close GQview, selecting
any image in that window afterwards causes Nautilus to regenerate its
thumbnail.  If I close the window, and enter the directory again,
Nautilus regenerates all the thumbnails again (except those which got
needlessly regenerated earlier), but then simply selecting
(highlighting) a file after that works as it should (and doesn't
suddenly regenerate the thumbnail again).  At least, until I open GQview
again and the process repeats.

Is there a reason for this?  Is there a work around?

Cheers,
Jason.