[Nautilus-list] Nautilus sometimes segfaults at startup, or shortly after startup

Hi,

I'm running Nautilus 1.0 with the cooresponding libraries on the
download page.  All items are built from source, including elements of
Gnome from the stable and unstable tarballs.

I run nautilus without the Gnome session manager, panel, etc.  I just
have my WM and Nautilus starting in my .xinitrc.  Everything works fine
execept:

There's about a 40% chance Nautilus won't start, or segfault shortly
after startup.  The only feedback in the term/console is

Segmentation Fault

Nothing else is displayed.  Once I start Nautilus a few times (or get
luckly), it's stable and usable for the remainder of my X session.

Is there anything I can do so Nautilus provides more verbose feedback
that might shed some light on this problem.  I don't see anything like
this at bugzilla.eazel.com, so I don't know what to say.

Thanks
--

Jeffrey H. Ingber (jhingber _at_ ix.netcom.com)

"Windows 95 is a 32-bit shell for a 16-bit extension to an
8-bit  operating system designed for a 4-bit microprocessor
 by a 2-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."