Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus + Evolution + Gnome 1.4 -> bad combination

On 18 Mar 2001 21:38:29 -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Try running nautilus-clean.sh -x first...though that'll probably hose
> evolution if its currently running. Are you sure you don't have multiple
> copies of oafd / gconfd on the system?

I'm basically positive I don't have multiple oafd/gconfd on my system.
And surprisingly enough, nautilus-clean.sh -x doesn't hose Evolution.
If I close Nautilus (while Evolution is running), then try to launch it
again, nothing happens.  So I ^C, and do a ps -ax.  I see

31400 ?        S      0:00 nautilus --sm-client-id
11c0a866030000984981781000000

still running.  So I do a nautilus-clean.sh -x.  I see

nautilus-clean: Stale processes found.
gconfd-1:       1
oafd:       1

The stale nautilus process is gone.  Try launching Nautilus again, and
it actually comes up.  So this process is not getting removed when
Evolution is running (in a minute I'll see what happens when Evolution
isn't running to see if this process does get removed.

Dan