Re: [Nautilus-list] Help - Blank GNOME desktop or root warning messages after installing Nautilus

> Is it possible that you ended up not having the ORBit package when you
were
> done? That was one common scenario at Eazel which resulted in the same
symptoms
> you've described.

rpm --query reports ORBit-0.5.7-0_helix_1 is installed, so I don't think
it's that - deleting the .nautilus directory from /root seems to have fixed
the root warning problem, and the problem with user accounts doesn't seem to
apply to new users (accounts created since the Nautilus install) so I've
removed and re-created the accounts and now everything appears to be working
OK. It's possible I clobbered the user config files somehow during the
Gnome/Nautilus install process - I'm kinda learning all this as I go along,
and I've learned a *lot* in the last week or so :)

That said, I'm still thoroughly impressed - it's a superb system with some
brilliant features, and the first piece of software I've seen that's made me
seriously consider Linux as a desktop alternative to Win2K. Nice work, guys.

Cheers,

-D-

Dylan Beattie <dylan zepler org>
http://www.zepler.org/~dylan