Re: [Nautilus-list] Thumbnails of large images (and some misc.Nautilus opinions)

John Sullivan wrote:

> Bug 3328 is about having a preference for the upper limit of thumbnails.
> Bug 5081 is about some other way to determine the lower limit for
> thumbnails.

I really should get in the habit of checking Bugzilla before I start moaning
about things...

> > In general I like Nautilus, although it would be nice if the filetypes
> > worked properly. I set up a MIME type for LyX files, set the default
> > action to open them in Lyx, and lo and behold, when I double-click on
> > them Nautilus says it has no internal viewer capable of handling them. I
> > know! That's why I want them to open in LyX when I double-click on them!
> > Just a little niggle.
>
> This does work in general. I am curious about what went wrong in your case.
> Were you using Nautilus 1.0 or an older version when you had this problem?
> How did you set the default action (in the File Types & Programs capplet or
> in the Open with Other... dialog)?

I'm using 1.0, and this happened this afternoon. I used the File Types &
Programs Capplet to set it up, although I did get at it from the Open with
Other... dialog. Does that make a difference? I can still view it in LyX if I
right-click and choose LyX from the Open With menu, but I'm sure I set the
default action to be LyX - and that's a double-click, right?

> Someone else on this list just pointed out that you can now implement your
> own delete command using the new Scripts menu that's in Nautilus in CVS
> HEAD. Not to say that we will never add a delete command, but you don't have
> to wait for it to be added to Nautilus; you can do it yourself.

Except that I can't checkout anything that big from CVS due to various
restrictions and irritating limits imposed by my university's network, so I'll
have to wait for the next release of Nautilus, or persuade a friend to make a
snapshot tarball for me.