Re: [Nautilus-list] Canceling a drag.

Quoting John Sullivan (sullivan eazel com):
> > Jussi Hagman wrote:
> >>
> >> Good to know, that works to me. Wether it is a easy for a beginner
> >> to see this possibility or wether it is a good UI design is another
> >> question.
>
> I don't think that clicking a different button while dragging would really
> be very easy for a beginner to notice either.

Maybe so. I am no beginner, but to me it would be a clear thing to try
as there really is not that many other things possible to do. Of
course my previous experience plays some role here.

If we assume the keyboard is a bit further away and the user during a
drag understands that it was not what he was supposed to do. He
probably knows that releasing the button executes the drag, so that is
not an alternative.  What else could he do? Try the other buttons and
yes, like Calum suggested, try to shake the mouse violently.

Well, I am not going to make a war out of this, it is really just a
small detail and in a few years it is (hopefully) done in another way:
By shouting "NO!!!" or "F***!!!" to the microphone. ;)

Greetings,
Jussi

--
Jussi Hagman                                CS in Åbo Akademi University
Studentbyn 4 D 33                           juhagman abo fi