Re: [Nautilus-list] Drag and drop suggestion

--- Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> wrote:
> On Friday, May 18, 2001, at 11:02  AM, R. Russell
> Geldmacher wrote:
>
> >> Why don't just "enter" this directory after a
> timeout? It will then act
> >> like "expanding" the tree view.
> >
> >  that's a good idea. maybe even add a keyboard
> accelerator (like space bar
> > or something) to trigger the time out and enter
> the directory you're
> > hovering over.
>
> You guys have just described Apple's spring-loaded
> folders feature, which
> they introduced in the Mac OS 8 Finder. In fact you
> chose the same key as
> they did (space bar).
>
> It's not a feature I like too much, but many other
> Apple users love it.
>
>      -- Darin

Yes!

But Paul: why not use normal drag & drop with left
button instead of d&d with the right button?
and keybaord shortcuts - CTRL for copy ALT for link
etc. - instead of a pop-up menu with "copy/move/link"?

The Finder was great - why annovate? immitate!

Limas.