Re: [Nautilus-list] Speed comments...

Mattias Eriksson <snaggen acc umu se> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I see from the Changelog that there currently is a lot of work on speed
> improvments. This is great, since one of the major complaints were on speed (I
> think it was at the top of the list Bart presented). So want to share my view
> on the speed issue. The single most inconvenient speed related issue to me it
> the slow start of nautilus. Even if it's already running to handle the desktop
> it is quite slow to start. I don't know the reasons for this, so it might be
> very hard to make it start faster (or make it appear to start faster). But I
> think it's something to look into.

Hi,

this should already have improved, due to the fix that got in.
Now you should see the Nautilus windows even before the background render.

Anyway, from the Nautilus log I have, there is room for improvment...
I think it's not #1 priority for now, but we will look at it :)

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes
MandrakeSoft         | it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole