Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

> Not a bad idea I guess. With nautilus you can just
> <right-click>/Show Properties and edit the permissions from there.

I know, but it is more stuff that we could figure out for the user
ourselves.  The only problem I see is potentially downloading
dangerous code from the network and it would make it too easy for
users to launch arbitrary code from the network.

> You should be able to mock up your idea by adding a simple application that
> is registered as the handler for elf/a.out files which does what you described.

OH!  Good thinking, that is very good thinking!

> One issue might be that executables and shared libraries are the same format.
> (I think)

They are both ELF files, but you can tell them appart.

Miguel.