Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

Dan Winship wrote:

And for the gazillion and oneth time on the other side: IT DOESN'T
MATTER. It doesn't matter how many warnings the user gets. It doesn't
matter how dire they are. You can pop up a dialog that says "If you
proceed, your children will be kidnapped, tortured, and murdered", and
*THEY'LL STILL CLICK "OK"* because they want to see the funny joke

Most of them won't even READ the dialog.

My wife does that and it annoys the heck out of me. A dialog will pop up and she "clicks it away" while I am still reading it. I ask her what it says, and she says, "I dunno." And this is after me preaching and lecturing on that specific subject hundreds of times. Yes, she is a windows user.

It is amazing how *stupid* some otherwise intelligent people can be when sitting at a computer.

But then again, should we cater to the brain-damaged and bring our OS down to the stupidity level that windows operates at? Should we even care if a computer retard hoses their system because they didn't read the directions?

-b

--
"One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's alright not to know anything. That to me is far more dangerous than a little pornography on the Internet." - Carl Sagan