Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

On 24 May 2001 23:39:45 +0200, Zak McGregor wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2001 23:36:31 +0200
> Alexander Skwar <ASkwar DigitalProjects com> wrote:
>
> > So sprach Tuomas Kuosmanen am Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:21:10AM +0300:
> > > They just dont?
> >
> > Clean and simple answer - I like this :)
>
> I don't - but that's too bad I guess ;-)

Well, we cant do much about non-gnome apps anyway. But the folder would
be in your home dir anyway, so it is reasonably easy to find it.

> If I've saved a document via a gconf-aware app, and I want to gzip it
> for emailing (from an rxvt or something), what then?

Well. You right open "My Docs" folder in nautilus, right click the file
and select "Scripts -> "Compress file with gzip"[1]

Then you right click the file again -> "Scripts -> Send via email..."
and up pops Evolution composer with the file attached.[2]

Tuomas

[1] "Compress with gzip" script can be made as follows for example:

	---
	#!/bin/sh
	gzip -9 $*
	---

[2] Currently this is not yet possible with Evolution, but this would be
the Right Way to do things. I could whip together a script to send the
mail, but I want the sent mail to be recorded in my "Sent" folder in the
mailer too. So we'd need "evolution-remote --attach [filename]" to make
this work.

> Symlinks are there for a reason, I wonder what? <eg>
>
> Ciao
>
> Zak
>
> --
> Zak McGregor
> http://www.carfolio.com - Specifications of cars online. Over 7000!
> Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
> My macaw's name was Q47pY!3, but I change it every 90 days.
|  Tuomas Kuosmanen  |  Ximian  |  Art Director  |
|  tigert ximian com |  www.ximian.com           |