Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:11:59PM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> I just thought of something.  Maybe we should have a property in the
> mime-type that describes whether this mime-type is safe to be launched
> or not.  So we can manually tag things that might introduce a security
> risk.

Perhaps it should be keyed not on the mime-type, but on the application that
handles it. Imagine I write gnome-ldd - a gnome front-end for ldd. It
wouldn't make sense to pop up warnings for this. I think the safety is not
a function of the type, but a function of the operation you perform on the
file.

Ian