Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

So sprach Pavel Machek am Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:31:31AM +0200:
> I believe either
>
>  "File %s has ELF header, but is not marked executable. Mark executable?"

Uhm, that's too technical, I think.  How about:

 'File %s is an executable file.  However, it lacks execution permissions.
This means it cannot be executed.  Shall I mark it as an executable and run
it?'

plus:

 'WARNING!  Do *NOT* run executables if you are not sure that you can trust
the source!  Running executables may be a security risk.   The program may
be a trojan horse or a virus.  Because of this, it is possible that it will
erase your hard disk, mail secret data to everyone on the internet and
infect other computers!  *ONLY* execute the binary if you are *ABSOLUTELY*
sure that nothing bad will happen!'

Maybe a little long....

Alexander Skwar
--