Re: [Nautilus-list] thoughts

Well I suppose that's reasonable. I do have one other thing to add though
about caching. Perhaps Nautilus should be cashed on gnome startup by
default but have a option for it in the nautilus preferences. Nautilus
takes years to load for the first time. If it were to be cached on
startup, it would load instantly. Another thing is the mouse drag
graphics. Until it makes use of Xrenderer, it's way too slow and sluggish
feeling/looking. There ought to be a option for normal box style drag. As
of now, the response time of nautilus is plain out horrible. However, I do
place a lot of the blaim on gtk 1.x.