Re: [gnome-love] Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME userenvironmentbrainstorming

Christian Rose wrote:

> You mentioned CDE defaults and users switching from CDE, and I have the
> feeling that Sun will be trying to make the CDE -> GNOME switch as easy
> as possible for their users.

We will, but as far as possible it won't be by shipping a non-default
version of GNOME, because non-default versions of GNOME are a
documentation headache apart from anything else.  Our basic philosophy
is that we'd rather help with the effort to make sure the default
community version is as usable as possible, and ship that...

Cheeri,
Calum.