[Nautilus-list] Simple Music View Hack...

I've become increasingly impressed with the ogg format of music files.  The only thing keeping me from addopting them in mass is the tfact the the nautilus Music View does not support them.  It seems like it would be very little work to incorporate the ogg123 player into the view. Something just checking the extension and the sending it to mpg123 or ogg123 would suffice.  Could anyone either send me in the right direction to make this chang myself.  Sorry to ask for the help, but I've never really done anything like this before.  So, in advance, thanks
Pete