[Nautilus-list] Massive xsession errors from Nautilus

Having recently installed LM8.0 apparently successfully, I encountered
endless crashing and peculiar effects which I finally traced to
Nautilus. It runs OK first time but after logging out and in again it
runs a continuous stream of this error message, repeating faster than I
can read it , up to hundreds of Megabytes in my xsession errors file.
Everything grinds to a halt and I cannot log out.:
ORBit -WARNING * *: No POA found for operation notify [-1073744576]. I
have now deleted the .nautilus directory in my home directory and it no
longer loads in the Gnome splashscreen and all is well. Can anyone tell
me what is happening, and whether I can fix it? Not only do I like
Nautilus, but none of my help files come up without it!