[Nautilus-list] Re: Stuck on activation in Nautilus porting

Hi Darin,

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> Currently, Nautilus boots and gets a window up on the screen.

	Wow - that is exciting :-) great work.

> But it is not able to create an instance of the icon view. We die
> somewhere in the process of doing an async. activation via
> bonobo-activation.

	Interesting, I'll take a look now - is it CVS HEAD nautilus ?

> I was hoping that some expert could build Nautilus and help me debug
> this. I've been having trouble debugging across the two processes (the
> bonobo-activation server and nautilus).

	Yes - it sucks :-) The best way (AFAICS) is to run
bonobo-activation in gdb with --ac-activate then cut and paste the IOR to
/tmp and then run the client ... but there's prolly a better way ( should
be ).

	Regards,

		Michael.