Re: [Nautilus-list] Samba component for nautilus

Omar Benhamid wrote:

Hi,
	I don't know if a Samba shares browser component exists for nautilus
but I would realy be interested in trying to write it but i do not
really know how to write a nautilus component and i could find no doc
over the web ... Can anybody help me? any links or pointers will be
welcome.

The CIFS protocol is pretty crazy so you're not going to write a full blown client. But Richard Sharp from Samba has been working on librarifying the client code for just this sort of purpose. Look for libsmbsclient. Of course Linux users can always just mount machines with smbfs.

Of course I think you're clock cycles would be better spent trying to find out why Nautulis crashes and resets constantly :~)

Mike