[Nautilus-list] Nautilus menubar

I'm writing up Nautilus for the new version of my Linux book and have
run into some questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All of
the following are from the Nautilus Menubar.

Edit -> Clear Text
Only text I can get this to clear is from the Side panel Notes tab. Is
there something else?

Edit -> Remove Custom Image
What does this do?

View -> Reset View to Match Preferences
Which properties does this reset and where are the properties set?

View -> Lay Out Items -> Clean Up by Name
This selection always seems to be grayed out. How to make it active?
What does it do?

Thanks a lot,

            Mark

                  Mark Sobell