[Nautilus-list] gconfd-2 fails to run

Maybe this is a question for the gconf mailing list but
the only reason why I'm trying to use gconfd-2 is for
nautilus so why not give this list a shot first. :-)

As the subject suggests, gconfd-2 fails to run at all.
Without gconfd running nautilus doesn't run.  I've gone
back through and updated and cleanly build gconfd and the
supporting libraries but it still fails to function.
Does anyone have any hints on how to fix this?

Tom