Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus-1.0.4-dynamic.patch

le lun 19-11-2001 à 01:59, Tuomas Kuosmanen a écrit :
> On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 18:36, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>     > As a practical matter, I'd think you'd have a far easier time just making
>     > code that keeps the two directories synchronized. It's not as elegant, but
>     > it doesn't have all the issues of integration with the rest of Nautilus, and
>     > it will work for other programs that look at ~/.gnome-desktop.
>
>     This was my first idea (since I discovered Desktop on Volume are
>     created/removed using this system) but when I found the merged directory
>     class in libnautilus-private, I though it would be cleaner than
>     synchronizing ~/.gnome-desktop..
>
> Hmm, looks like the beginning of this thread happened outside the list,
> so I am kind of puzzled about what this is about?

The beginning of this thread is rather old (I posted the patch in late
september and Darin reviewed it in early october).
This patch, included in Mandrake 8.1, provides a way to have a "dynamic"
desktop, were some icons appears and disappears when (for instance) a
Rio500 player is plugged on the system..

> I am very interested in having system-wide directories, mainly for
> scripts. (One could then make rpms/debs of the most useful and
> general-purpose ones and have people just install them  on their
> /usr/lib/nautilus/scripts/ or something.
>
> But I wonder what this is about? It is good that the distro can install
> desktop icons for various things, but it should also be possible to turn
> them off. Maybe we need a way to tell Nautilus to "add a shortcut for
> this .desktop file on the users desktop" - would be useful for program
> installers and such. But they would sure annoy if you couldnt delete
> them either..

This is provided by another patch from me, in the nautilus-1.0.4-gmc
thread.. I've already modified it a little and I'm waiting for Darin
return to seen how to merge it correctly..

> Thus I am a bit confused and decided to ask .. :-)
No problem :))

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft