[Nautilus-list] Re: detecting automounted nfs dirs

on 10/8/01 10:18 AM, Stephen Browne at stephen browne sun com wrote:

> I'm wondering if nautilus / gnome-vfs makes any distinction between
> automounted nfs dirs (for example home dirs) and ordinary local dirs.

It doesn't.

> The gnome-vfs nfs module always marks nfs dirs as not local but
> when I use any of the "Show blah in blah for local files only"
> options in Nautilus it doesn't seem to pick up the fact that my home
> dir is nfs mounted.

The gnome-vfs nfs module is only involved when you use an "nfs:" URI. It has
no effect on getting at those NFS directories with "file:" URIs. A gnome-vfs
module defines a new URI scheme -- it doesn't have a way to modify the
behavior of existing schemes.

> I think it will work for any nfs mount that is specified in the fstab
> (I looked at the volume-monitor code of nautilus)
> but it seems to treat automounted dirs the same a local dirs.

What do you think will work for any nfs mount that is specified in the
fstab?

What specific behavior in Nautilus do you want? You want it to "make a
distinction", I understand that. But what specifically do you want it to do
differently. Once you get clear on that, we may be ready to write a bug
report or change the code a bit.

    -- Darin