Re: [Nautilus-list] Icon directory contents caching

On Sun, 2001-10-07 at 22:17, Darin Adler wrote:
> So gnome-vfs would get monitoring first (I am still hoping for gnome 2.0),
> then metadata next, then calls to locate appropriate icons for files (with
> icon themes presumably being part of that).

There is some monitoring support in GnomeVFS HEAD. It seems to work for
file:// uris and I haven't implemented support for any other scheme. I
don't think I designed the API right or implemented it well so the
implementation and the module API might change before GNOME 2.0, but the
application API should stay the same.

Ian