Re: [Nautilus-list] script w/ mime handling

Title: Re: [Nautilus-list] script w/ mime handling
on 10/15/01 8:23 PM, Michael Thomas at michaelv cox-internet com wrote:

Will mime support for script be implemented any time soon.
I know hit has been thrown around a few times.

This just dawned on me that a lot could be done with such a feature.
For example: .abw files could have (convert to .doc)
     .cda files could have (rip to mp3)

Note that you can still write and use scripts like those now. They can invoke programs that check the MIME type before converting. It would be nicer if the utility of the script could be determined before it was chosen instead of afterwards, but the current system doesn't prevent anything.

John