Re: [Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

John Harper <jsh unfactored org> writes:
> Maybe it gets more complex if you have more than one video card, e.g.
> the obvious algorithm for centering the splash screen might put it over
> the join between the two monitors!

Right, if you read the Mac HIG they actually tell you how to do window
placement, and handling this case is one of the ones they tell you to
handle. It all has to be done in the app apparently. I don't know how
much the Mac toolkit did for you though.

I'm not sure if "hardcoding positions that follow the documented style
guide policy for window placement" or "adding semantic hints" is a
harder things for app developers to get right. ;-) Most likely both
are too hard.

Havoc