Re: [Nautilus-list] remembering different properties in different directories?

Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com> writes:
> I agree it makes sense to have consistent dialog appearing position. But
> it sometimes makes sense to have it pop under the mouse pointer. As an
> example, take the Gimp "Add new layer" dialog. Now, 99% of the cases, I
> am having my mouse on bottom right corner of the screen, where I keep
> the layers dialog. Now, I really want that dialog to appear under my
> mouse pointer, since it is very annoying to move the mouse a thousand
> pixels to the middle of the screen to "ok" it. In that case it really
> makes sense to have it appear under the pointer.

Wouldn't it work to have it appear centered over the layers dialog?

That's what should happen generally, if the dialog is popped up from
the layers dialog.

(BTW the Gimp "dialogs" like the layers dialog are not really dialogs
at all - they are "utility" windows in Mac Classic terms. They need to
be treated differently from dialogs.)

Havoc