Re: [Galeon-devel] Re: [Nautilus-list] mozilla component

En vie, 2001-10-19 a 21:59, Darin Adler escribió:

> The galeon component is more ambitious than the component that's
currently
> inside nautilus. Eventually I hope it will have many features that the
one
> in nautilus lacks.
>
> In the long term, I'd like to consider whether we want to keep the old
> component inside nautilus, replace it with a copy of the galeon one,
or
> eliminate it completely and suggest that people install either galeon
or
> nautilus-gtkhtml. At the moment it's not clear to me what the right
> direction is, so I'll keep the component inside the nautilus sources
working
> for now.
I fully agree with you. The only sensible short term way to go is
keeping the current mozilla view for now.

As for the long terms ideas:
    - Copying the Galeon view into Nautilus tree would be unpractical
    (if possible at all). At least IMHO. There's a lot of c++ code in
    Galeon needed to interface with mozilla, overriding XUL dialogs,
    etc.
    - Using nautilus-gtkhtml by default and galeon if it's installed may
    be the better direction. This is a long term goal, of course.

Ricardo.

--
Ricardo Fernández Pascual
ric users sourceforge net