Re: [Nautilus-list] Freetype2 in Gnome2?

on 10/23/01 11:24 AM, Joe Shaw at joe ximian com wrote:

> The GNOME 2 GnomeCanvasText and GnomeCanvasRichText each use Pango now,
> so this Just Works.  In non-AA mode the text still doesn't scale though,
> so that kinda stinks.

Just FYI, Nautilus doesn't use GnomeCanvasText or GnomeCanvasRichText, so in
the porting process we will need to change NautilusIconCanvasItem to use
Pango.

But in any case, Alex answered my question. Xft is not used to render text
on the client side.

    -- Darin