[Nautilus-list] Re: [Galeon-devel] native scrollbars (again)

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

Talking of hackeritis without any more detail doesnt look very
costructive but well ... let's forget it.
Oh, and we do __real__ user testing, or what are about all these
mail on galeon-devel ? :)

I didn't mean it in an insulting way or anything. It's just a different project with different goals than Nautilus, that's all. The UI is pretty full. It needs a good once over from a UI perspective.

About the view:

Our work is mainly targeted to help the GNOME community. It seems like many users and developers like the idea of an integrated browser.
Personally I like our hacky user interface, so I plan to continue to use
it. About the view user interface, I'm totally opened to the community
feedback. (suggestions, comments and code).

It would be great if people could try out current code and give us
impressions and suggestions, but for the lazy I'll try to describe
current status of it.

Well, how do you build it?  Is it in CVS yet?

Popups are opened in a galeon window ... this may change but as Chris
explained it will need changes to nautilus.

Darin? What are the odds of getting these changes in? They require some pretty code Nautilus changes if done right. ( Do you remember our discussions? )

We use nautilus history (both for session and global).

Nautilus bookmarks are available as for any other view.

It would be great if people could help us find out what is not fitting
with nautilus UI.

--Chris

--
Christopher Blizzard