Re: [Nautilus-list] Freetype2 in Gnome2?

on 10/23/01 12:16 PM, Joe Shaw at joe ximian com wrote:

> On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 14:27, Darin Adler wrote:
>> Just FYI, Nautilus doesn't use GnomeCanvasText or GnomeCanvasRichText, so in
>> the porting process we will need to change NautilusIconCanvasItem to use
>> Pango.
>
> There's no reason why it couldn't use GnomeCanvasText, though, right?  I
> couldn't see any from my (very cursory) look at it, and it almost
> certainly be easier.

As I remember, there are multiple reasons, having to do with hit testing,
details of renaming, line wrapping, prelighting, and overhead of an extra
canvas item. But perhaps all these could be addressed, and it's possible
some of the "reasons" are just mistaken assumptions.

    -- Darin