Re: [Nautilus-list] Bookmarks in sidebar tab

Ross Golder wrote:

On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 16:06, Rafał Hajdacki wrote:

Are there any plans to create bookmarks view/edit in sidebar tab ?
I think it would be very nice for some people (those who like Mozilla
sidebar).

As a kind of aside, how about storing bookmarks in some kind of common
format that can be accessed by Mozilla and Galeon (and any other
application that wants to use URL-based bookmarks). I'm sure I'm not the
first person who's had to face porting their collection of bookmarks
between applications.

/me considers library-based, and CORBA-based approaches using an
easy-to-edit XML file format.

/me reminds again that Mozilla is not and will not be a Gnome project.

If you want a common file format, you will need to adopt Mozilla's. Or you can write an application to translate. But don't expect them to match your chosen format.

-b

--
PayPal is collecting donations for the WTC disaster:
 http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/relief-outside