Re: [Nautilus-list] Text color in sidebar

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> Can someone who is familiar with this change take a crack at fixing it? Is
> it a simple matter of re-adding the hard coded colors for now?
>
> Was it important to remove those colors from the theme XML files? It seems
> that we did it without even testing the themes we removed them from. Or
> perhaps they had to be removed from the default theme to prevent other
> themes from inheriting them?

That must have been it, as there's only a ChangeLog for default.xml,
gnome.xml is unchanged, but that is the one I was trying to fix.
(redhat.xml is autoderived from gnome.xml in the spec file. don't
ask...)

The bug was that our Red Hat theme was ending up with a hardcoded
color, so it was white-on-light-gray.

Maybe we could just change the threshold on the autoselector a bit, so
that it considers the default background pixmap dark enough to use
white text?

Havoc