Re: [Nautilus-list] Re:3d overview

Lo,

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:28:41 -0400 (EDT) you wrote:

  | There is no need in bloating a application just because you can.
  | Nautilus and gnome needs to move in a professional direction and
  | including extra gimmicks that serve no practical purpose isn't the
  | way.

I agree 100%. A 3d view is only interesting for a technical reason: whether
nautilus component system really works. :-)

Probably more important is optimization of the startup, because on my
500Mhz P3 with 384M (and a really really fast drive) it takes about 20+
seconds for Nautilus (CVS HEAD) to startup for the first time... That's
unacceptable.

---8<---
alfons proteus:~ > time nautilus

real	0m50.550s
user	0m0.570s
sys	0m0.130s
--->8---

I am really curious where the slowdown is; am willing to help you out - if
anyone gives me some clues.

On another note: once about every time Nautilus pops up a dialog with the
message "Nautilus is searching for Trash folders". It's a little bit
irritating.

Note: I really like Nautilus.

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos