Re: [Nautilus-list] [Fwd: Naurilus and fonts]

Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com> writes:
> I don't think pablo is on the nautilus list, so replies to him and/or
> the i18n list would be appreciated.  Thanks,
> 	Greg
> From: Pablo Saratxaga <pablo mandrakesoft com>
> Subject: Naurilus and fonts
> To: gnome-i18n gnome org
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 02:28:30 +0200
>
> Kaixo!
>
> Does any of you know where the fonts used by Nautilus for the icons,
> and the left tab in navigation window come from ?
> They seem to have been done only for western languages, and show
> question marks for other languages; making Nautilus quite unusable.
> I would like to fix it, but I didn't find the place to.

Some of this may be fixed in assorted Red Hat patches. Eel has its own
font system which is used if you turn on the "smooth fonts" option in
Nautilus preferences. This uses FreeType for rendering.

Some of the other font display bugs in Nautilus were just mistakes in
fontsets or assumptions about ascii. Again, much of it fixed in recent
patches, and mostly the relevant code is in Eel.

Havoc